1. The competition. The goal of this competition is to generate as many ideas as possible around several basic global topics: energy, new forms of governance and smart cities, limited resources, communication and education. Every local partner will organize an event at which their public generates ideas connected with these topics. The winning city will be the team that collects the most ideas.
2. Local partners or local organising team will be responsible for organizing the events in their respective cities. Any person or legal entity can compete and is sufﬁcient to meet the human resource and technical standards. There is no maximum number of team members or teams to country or city. The IWC organization reserves the right of admission and requires that each local partner meets the standard compliances.
3. Location/venue:The event should be organized in a public place, irrespective whether it is open (a square or street) or closed (a theater or auditorium). The important thing is that people can access it freely.
4. Channels. The physical events will have support on the Internet. People who can not go in person to the event but who wants to support their city, can do it online. To organize this whole online activity, each city will have a profile on the official Ideas World Cup website. The organization will set up the platform and show the rest of the teams how to use it. Each local partner will be responsible for news and content uploading. During the event, all the organizers will use the Creative OS application. Thanks to this tool, users will be able to upload their ideas both by computer and by mobile phone in real time.
5. Challenge categories. The organization of Ideas World Cup has set the categories around which people will generate ideas. Local teams have the option to establish their own local topics. Ideas on these topics won’t count for the competition. These local topics may increase local public attention.
6. Sponsorship. Every local partner will have Actitud Creativa as the organizer and international sponsor. Actitud Creativa will also be the local organizer in Madrid.
7. Participation cost. Participating in Ideas World Cup does not cost anything. Local partners do not have to pay for the application or registration. They simply assume any organizational costs of their events, if they don’t find sponsorship. The IWC organization will bear the costs of design, network communications, system programming, coordination, etc. To support the event and book the place for your city, we request that each participating city contributes 100 euros towards the event. This nominal amount is symbolic of your conﬁrmation of participation.